Office Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Scott Peters was elected in November 2002 and officially took office January 2003.
- Chief Investment Officer
- Central Accounting Office
- Licensing Agent
- Elections Administrator
- Property Tax Administrator
- Deputy Registrar-License Bureau
- Secretary to County Board
- Online Property Tax Information
- Pay Property Taxes Online
CHIEF INVESTMENT OFFICER
- Cash Investments-invests all counties surplus funds.
- Monitor Cash Flow-all county portfolios and county bank accounts.
- Cash Management
- Bank Reconciliation
- Prepares county Financial Statement
- County Capital Assets
- County Audit
- Government Grants
- County Central Payroll
- Accounts Payable - checks, warrants
- Accounts Receivable
- Liquor License
- Tobacco License
- Auctioneers License
- Voter Registration *You may click the link, print and mail completed form to our office.
- Absentee Ballots
- Training of Election Judges
- Filing for County Offices
- Printing of Ballots
- Provide ballots & other election supplies for County, State & Federal Election
- Tabulate election results & report to Secretary of States Office
- Canvassing Board
208 E Colvin Ave, Suite 11
Warren MN 56762
- Tax Abstract to State of Minnesota
- Tax Levies
- Tax Increment Financing
- Special Assessment Maintenance
- Ditch Maintenance
- Escrow Maintenance
- Tax Statements
Current and Delinquent Taxes
- Tax Collections
- Settlement Distribution
- Confession of Judgement
- Forfeiture of property
- Tax Searches
- Property Refund Forms
Transfer of Sale of Property
- Deed and Mortgage Tax Collection
- Certification of Real Estate Values(CRV)
- Certify Abstract of taxes paid/unpaid
- Certity to Special Assessments on Abstract
Property Tax Information
Tax statements for real estate and personal property are mailed once a year. By law, they must be post marked by March 31st. No second notice is sent. Statements for mobile home taxes are mailed in July and are due in August.
The first half of Real Estate taxes are due May 15th OR if the tax is $100 or less, the entire amount is due May 15th. (When the 15th falls on a weekend, taxes are due the next business day.) The second half for all property except Ag. is due Oct. 15th, Ag properties are due Nov. 15th. If your property is qualified for the later due date, it will be on your statement. Mobile Home taxes are due August 31st.
Taxes become past due after the due dates. Taxes become delinquent Jan. 1st of the year following their due date. Example, 2010 taxes not paid in a timely manner will be past due May 18, 2010 and Oct. 16, 2010 and delinquent on Jan. 1st, 2011. Mobile Home taxes become delinquent if not paid by their due date.The penalty varies depending on how late the taxes are paid. The schedule is on the back of the statements.
- Drivers License
- Vehicle License
- Handicap Permits
- Prepare agenda for board meetings
- Record and maintain records from all County Board meetings
Click here to pay you property taxes online. You will be re-directed to Official Payments website.
You can also pay your Property Taxes by phone by calling 1-800-272-9829. You can use a credit card or E-check. Make sure to have your tax information in front of you. Jurisdiction Code for Marshall County is 3348.